Lake Ouachita Fishing Information
For up to date information fishing Reports on Lake Ouachita view the current fishing report.
Lake Ouachita Fish Spawning Temperatures.
Lake Ouachita Fish Species:
- Largemouth Bass
- Spotted Bass
- Smallmouth Bass
- Striped Bass
- White Bass
- Channel Catfish
- Blue Catfish
- Flathead Catfish
- Redear Sunfishl
See The Fishing Tool Set Lake Ouachita Guides Recommend
Daily Limit: The total limit of a certain fish species that may be taken in 1 day.
Possession Limit: Double the daily limit
Possession Limit is the total limit of a certain fish species that is in your possession at any time, whether on your person or stored in another location. Fish and wild game (other than migratory game birds) that have been processed and stored at a residence do not count toward a person’s possession limit.
A residence is defined as a house or house trailer that is permanently in place and is owned, leased or rented by an individual;
It does not include mobile travel trailers, tents, vehicles or temporary rental units (motels, lodges, cabins, resorts, etc.).
Lake Ouachita Specific Daily Fish Limits:
- Striped Bass 3 Three (no size limit). Consider limiting the number of released fish when the surface water temperature exceeds 75 degrees. Also consider limiting released fish from July-October on the deep, clear water lakes such as Lake Ouachita. It is Illegal to waste the edible portion of fish or wildlife. page 29 of 2016 Arkansas Fishing Guidebook.
- Largemouth and spotted bass combined daily limit is 6 six. Largemouth and Spotted bass must be 13 inches or longer to be kept.
- Smallmouth bass on Lake Ouachita upstream to the River Bluff access and the South Fork of the Ouachita River upstream to Hovel Branch must be released immediately.
- No fishing in the Jim Collins Net Pen area
- Legal to take game fish with spear guns during season. Spearfishing season for game fish is open June 15- March 15 on Ouachita.
General State Limits.
- Alligator Gar 1
- Black Basses (including not more than four Smallmouth) 10
- Bream (over 4 inches length)
- 50 Catfish (exc. Bullhead)10
- Crappie 30
- Rock Bass 10
- Muskellunge 6
- Paddlefish 2
- Pickerel 6
- Sauger 6
- Saugeye 6
- Shovelnose Sturgeon No Limit
- Striped Bass or Hybrid (Combination) 6
- Trout (including not more than: 2 brown trout, 2 cutthroat trout, 2 brook trout) 5
- Walleye 6
- White Bass 25
LakeOuachita.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more.